Project News

The first wind turbine

Friday 9 February 2024

Photo – TagEnergy

Read TagEnergy’s announcement about the installation of the first turbine at Golden Plains Wind Farm.

Ingka Group purchases 15% of Golden Plains Wind Farm East from TagEnergy 

Wednesday 1 February 2023

Ingka Investments, the investment arm of Ingka Group, the world’s largest IKEA retailer, has made its first renewable energy investment in Australia by acquiring a 15 percent stake in stage one of the Golden Plains Wind Farm. The remaining 85% percent remains owned by TagEnergy. TagEnergy and WestWind will continue to jointly develop the second 576MW stage, Golden Plains Wind Farm “West”, and the 300MW Golden Plains Battery Energy Storage System. 

TagEnergy reaches financial close of Golden Plains Wind Farm “East”, the first 756MW stage of the 1,300MW Golden Plans Wind Farm

Friday 25 November 2022

TagEnergy becomes the sole equity investor in stage one of the Golden Plains Wind Farm, with Westwind contracted for 30 years to provide construction and asset management services. The $2bn, 756MW stage one “East” development will feature 122 turbines, with the project expected to start producing green energy in the first quarter of 2025. 

TagEnergy and Westwind will continue to jointly develop the second 576MW stage, Golden Plains Wind Farm “West”, and the 300MW Golden Plains Battery Energy Storage System.